Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: TRANSMISSION is busted!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Well yesterday I was leaving my local performance store and I shifted into 2nd and then gradually into 3rd, all of the sudden BOOM!! The whole car jolted and a clanking noise was coming from under the car. Of course your first guess would probably be the engine but the engine idled fine. I pulled over and looked under the car and there was a hole in the tranny where the shift linkage connects. The shift linkage was hanging from the shifter and dragging the ground. This stinks. Well I ordered a Type R tranny form e-hyperformance, (I think) and it is coming in next week. I am suppose to meet Jim(JRCIVIV) in Atl. this weekend for the Dyno, so I'm gonna borrow my friends LS tranny. Oh well, I guess it happens. The price you pay to kill your car for speed. The thing is I was driving like a granny at the time?! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BoostedEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2000
    Posts
    759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How in the hell did you manage to punch a hole in your tranny while driving normal!?!?!?!?!? [img]eek.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Not too sure? I haven't had a chance to fully inspect it, but I am thinking that something got lodged (spider gears) in the Diff. and the shattered. Once it shattered it probably hit the trans housing and baboom! [img]mad.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds all too familiar. I have a LS trans here in the shop now with the very same problem. ONE tooth off a spider gear broke and wedged itself between the ring gear and the case... the case gave way and a hole was created. The damage is a broken diff and a ruined trans case. The cost to replace the trans is cheaper than fixing it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member klintman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2001
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    superteg , im looking to buy a r tranny too . please let me know what you think of where you bought it and what improvement is is when installed .

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mochanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what will you take for the tranny the way it sits?
    I need some spare parts!
    you can take everything out of the case and ship it to me in a box postage prepaid by me...

    Randy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •